After a long, stressful day at the office, it can be challenging to get relaxed when you return home in the evening, and you may still feel too revved up when it’s time to sleep.
To help you relax and improve the quality of your sleep, you can try out these three easy yoga poses that can be done just before you sleep, on your own bed. You don’t even need to change your clothes or roll out your yoga mat!
1. Restorative Heart Opener
- Lower yourself onto the pillow so it fits just under your shoulder blades, with your head hanging off the side of the pillow.
- Bring your arms overhead (as shown above).
- If you don’t feel a stretch in your back, try having your arms bent at the elbow (as shown below)
2. Restorative Child’s Pose
- Place a pillow in the middle of your bed.
- Make sure the pillow is positioned not too far away from you.
- Stretch your arms in front of you onto the pillow with palms facing down, and relax your shoulders, hips and belly (hips should be touching the back of your feet).
- Stay relaxed and hold this pose for 3-5 minutes.
3. Sphinx Pose
- Lie with your belly on a pillow, legs together side by side.
- Lengthen your tailbone towards your heels, protecting your lower back.
- Set your elbows under your shoulders and place your forearms parallel to each other.
- Inhale and lift your upper torso and head upwards into a slight backbend.
- Keep this position for 3-5 minutes and maintain regular breaths. This should help soothe your lower back while releasing tension on your upper back.
Yoga Instructor: Cloud @ Sense Studio
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/sensestudio